Sunday 20 March 2016

Day 7 John Muir Way - Edinburgh Leith to Portobello via Murrayfield

Early start from North Queensferry down into Leith for the Kilomathon, this is usually a fairly easy run but fatigue set in towards the end and I wasn't able to give the usual fast finish, however I still did a good time and pleased with result.






After a second breakfast and change it was time to say goodbye to my wife for another week and head East through the suburbs along the canal once again. It was a hot day and I can't believe that I am carrying my Berghaus jacket and wearing t-shirt only. The route winds it's way by parks and allotments before heading out across the meadow and down towards Arthur's Seat. I was tempted to climb it, but with another long section tomorrowv I decided to give it a miss. Finally the path heads out to the coast and I finished the day just short of Musselburgh. A lovely stroll down to the prom at Portobello and dinner at the Espy brought day 7 to a close. 




Tomorrow I head out on 19 miles to North Berwick....Don't forget you can sponsor me at Justgiving.com/Michael-Ward55/

 #justgiving.com/Michael-Ward55/ #ukrunchat #walkinghighlands #VLM2016




No comments:

Post a Comment